Almond Flour Cookies

I began this website so that I could keep track of my journey's recipes for the most part. I cook and prepare foods EVERYDAY! So, you would think that I would have a ton of recipes posted already. But I have been slacking in this task. Photos of many of the foods I do prepare can be found at Instagram. But I am going to try to do better.

Today I wanted something crunchy..and didn't want to wait on the dehydrator (I did that yesterday when I made kale chips.) So today I'm baking Almond Flour Cookies in the oven.

I think I should call these "Honey Almond Cookies". The Honey was easily recognizable. One recipe I found used maple syrup in place of honey. I think that my use of honey and the addition of ground flax seed made these cookies crunchy on the edges, but chewy on the inside. Also, they could probably have been crunchy if flattened more than you see in the photo below.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
2 TBS ground flax seed
1 - 2 TBS water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (optional, you can just use more water)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw unfiltered honey

 
Crumbly Dough Texture
Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees C 
2.     Mix water with ground flax seed and set aside.
3.     Mix all dry ingredients.
4.     Add vanilla, coconut oil (or water), vanilla and honey to the flax seed mixture.
5.     Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir using a spoon.
6.     Roll dough into small balls and flatten onto the baking pan.
7.     Bake in oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.

 
Before Baking
Baked Cookies