Homemade Vegan Protein Smoothie

I have been looking into the possibility of buying a protein powder to supplement my nutrients and caloric intake. Yet, after reading the ingredients on multiple different protein powder brands, I decided to make my own.

The reason I had problems with most protein powder mixes is mostly due to my Candida Overgrowth.  I can't have sugars, and also I need to avoid whey and most grains due to Leaky Gut (most likely caused by Candida). Also, many protein powders have added vitamins in forms that I don't need or don't want to ingest. I'm already taking vitamin supplements that I specifically need, so I don't need it included in my protein smoothie.

So here is the homemade vegan protein smoothie that I came up with.

Create your own homemade vegan protein smoothie using any combination of the ingredients below.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of water (or fresh juice*)

  • 2 - 3 ice cubes

  • 1 - 2 stalks celery

  • 1 green apple, cut into quarters

  • 1 cup spinach (or kale)

  • 1 tsp Spirilina (optional)

  • 1 tsp Barley Grass (optional)

  • Other Fruit (such as bananas*)

  • 3 TBS Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein

Instructions:
  1. Add ingredients into a blender (a high speed one such as the Vitamix works nicely) in the order listed.

  2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Notes:

Items marked with an asterisk (*) are NOT RECOMMENDED for Candida Free Diet.

Comments